COVID-19 Policies and Procedures for Golfers
What We’re Doing: The health and safety of our guests and staff are our top priority. In addition to the established procedures below, staff will be:
- Sanitizing all contact surfaces including door handles/knobs, counter tops, POS terminals at least every hour or immediately after person contact when possible
- Carts, including steering wheel, seats and other contact points are sanitized every evening or before being used by another individual. For added peace of mind, you may ask a staff member to sanitize again before play
- Tee Times have been changed to 10-minute intervals
- Additional Hand Sanitizer will be made available at select locations
The following procedure MUST be followed by every golfer during their visit
- Golfers may not arrive any earlier than 20 mins prior to their scheduled tee time. If you do arrive prior, please remain in your vehicle until the time arrives
- Staff will have a cart staged and ready in the parking lot
- There will be NO shuttle service from the parking lot
- Staff may handle clubs by your request or permission to do so. Staff hold the right to refuse handling personal belongings if they feel it is unsafe to do so
- Max 2 carts per group. Several carts have dividers installed to assist pairing players not in each other’s bubble. Please respect the direction of staff
- Cash will be accepted but card is recommended
- Please have all players in group entered in tee sheet. This includes name, email and their payment information. Call Golf Shop for assistance
- Outside staff will have iPads to check-in your arrival. Payment will then be required at the Golf Shop
- A Maximum of 6 people are allowed in the Golf Shop at once (not including staff).
Warm-up Nets will be available but and you must provide your own golf balls.
Putting green will be available
- The group that is teeing off may be the only golfers at or around the 1st tee area. ABSOLUTELY no gathering here or at any other location on the premises.
- Please head to the Bistro or practice putting green if you are not next on the tee
During Your Round
- Pins are to remain in the entire time. No removal
- Cups will be altered so ball remains as close to surface as possible.
- There will be no rakes in the bunkers.
- Please use your foot to smooth out sand as best as possible
- Do not touch any other equipment than your own. As much as we may be inclined to retrieve someone’s golf ball or pick up their clubs around the green, DO NOT. This includes tees
- No handshakes, high fives, fist bumps or any other contact
- Pace of Play is 4 hours and 20 minutes. Please play ready golf to avoid any hold ups or gatherings on tee boxes. IF there is a wait on tee boxes, groups must remain at least 10 meters from each other
- Golfers within groups must always adhere to the 2-meter social distancing rule through-out their round
- Washrooms will remain open. Wash your hands after use and hand sanitizer will also be available
- Bistro will be available for walk up service. Cash will be accepted, but card is recommended. Please remain 2-meters from others if there is a wait
- Beverage cart will be available on course on most days. Please remain 2 meters from the cart and place your order verbally. Server will place items with payment machine and step away. Once complete, take your items to your cart. A receipt can be produced or emailed if required
After Your Round
- Take your cart to parking lot
You are responsible to unload your own cart. This includes any garbage. Garbage cans will be available in the parking lot
- Once completely unloaded, staff will retrieve your cart. No loitering allowed in parking lot
- You can visit the Patio after your round. Please note that staff may need to retrieve your cart during this time
- Maximum 6 people allowed in Golf Shop at once. Must always remain 6 feet apart
Masks MUST be worn in the Golf Shop
If an individual refuses to wear a mask in the Golf Shop, they will be refused play that day. No Exceptions
- Bulk items such as tees, ball markers, divot tools and other smallware must remain in a display case or back counter. Staff will assist you with these items.
Any clubs that are handled will be sanitized completely before returned to display
- Customers may try on clothing. One person at a time in change room. If item is not purchased, hanger will be sanitized, and garment will be cleaned with steam. Item is then placed on “48-hour rack” and will not be returned to the floor for sale until 48 hours from steaming
- Shoes may be tried on. Similar process to clothing, shoes that are not purchased are sprayed with Lysol or other disinfectant and then placed aside for 48 hours until returned to floor
- Constant supervision of floor and items will be maintained to ensure sanitization of any touch points
- Only touch items if necessary
Bistro & Patio
- Our walk-up window is available for take-out service. Please remain 2 meters apart from other parties
- Our Patio is available with limited seating for golfers only.
- The Patio falls under the rules and guidelines for restaurants and NOT the guidelines for outdoor gathering.
- As all our tables are designed for seating 4 people, our policy is “You Play as a Group, You Sit as a Group”. This means that only your immediate playing partners shall be at the same table on the Patio.
Tables and chairs are not to be moved
- Please respect the direction of management and staff
- Only Golfers with booked tee times are allowed on property. No walk-ons or inquiry visits. Use our app to book online
We will do our best to honour requests to keep twosomes on their own. But to manage our cart fleet, it may not be possible
- Because carts are required to play The Rise, Juniors are only allowed if they are in the same household as the adult they are accompanying
- Ride-a-longs will be allowed if booked prior. $10 fee is required for each ride-a-long
These procedures are for your safety, the safety of your playing partners and the safety of The Rise Staff. These procedures are non-debatable and any golfer not following or defying these procedures will be asked to leave the premises and playing privileges will be suspended indefinitely. Thank you in advance for joining us to keep golf a safe activity during these unprecedented times.
Executive Professional/Director of Golf