COVID-19 Update (March 30)

Dear Rise Patrons,

We wanted to send a brief update with the current COVID-19 pandemic and the possible effect on our opening for the season. We continue to monitor the situation and are in constant contact with authorities in addition to daily updates and resources from our industry partners and the direction and recommendations from government and Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry.

At this point, golf courses are not mandated to close in British Columbia, despite some misinformation circulating on the internet. Many courses in the area, if open, have closed or have postponed their opening. They, like us, are taking a wait and see approach. We currently are not forced into an immediate decision as the remaining snow on the course presents at least 2-3 weeks before being able to open and the situation could dramatically change, better or worse, between now and then.

April 10 remains our targeting opening date, but please be prepared for that date to be pushed back. If and when we do open, we will be operating under strict procedures as our top priority is the health and safety of members, guests and staff.

We will provide another update next week or as the situation requires. Please contact myself directly if you have any further questions.

 

Be Well,

Chad Scott

Executive Professional/Director of Golf

chad@therisegolf.ca

250-545-7425 ext 2