The RBC PGA Scramble of Canada is a new national series of events taking place at more than 100 golf facilities around the country in 2017, culminating with Regional Finals and the RBC PGA Scramble of Canada National Championship in October.
The series of events expects to draw thousands of amateur golfers—who will form their own team of four players— from across the country. Teams will look to make it through local qualifying with the ultimate goal of playing in a Regional and hopefully National Championship in October with a PGA of Canada professional playing on their team at some of the Canada’s finest golf courses.
Over 100 local events will be held throughout the year across Canada, with winners progressing to Regional Finals held at some of Canada’s finest golf courses.
Each team at the Regional Final teams up with their PGA Club Professional with the winners progressing to the RBC PGA Scramble Championship Final.
The Championship Final is the golfing experience of a lifetime, with three days of golf, social activities, a gala/awards event, and the opportunity to play with a PGA of Canada Professional.
Stage 1 – Local Qualifier @ The Rise Golf Course – July 27th
- 18-hole scramble format
- 2PM Shotgun Start
- Teams of four eligible amateurs
- All players must have an up-to-date Golf Canada Handicap (“Bronze” Membership is acceptable)
- One or more teams will qualify from each Local Qualifier – additional teams may be eligible to qualify from Local Events and will be notified in advance of the event
- $20 Members, $66 Non-Members. Includes Golf, Cart, Meal and Prizing. $29.95 registration fee not included.
To register your team of four please CLICK HERE
Stage 2 – Regional Final (August-September 2017)
- Location – Black Mountain Golf Club – Kelowna, BC – August 17th
- 18-hole Ambrose (elimination) scramble format
- A PGA of Canada Professional from each Local Qualifying site joins each qualifying team to form a five-player team that will compete at specific courses around Canada
- All players must have an up-to-date Golf Canada Handicap (must be a “Gold” Membership)
- The winning team from each Regional Final qualifies to attend the Championship Final
- Multiple teams may be eligible to qualify for the National Championship at some Regional Final locations
*Once a player has qualified for a Regional Final he/she is no longer eligible to compete at another local event
Stage 3 – Championship Final (October 12-14, 2017)
- Location – Cabot Links in Inverness, Nova Scotia
- 54-hole Ambrose (elimination) scramble format
- Five-player teams that qualified through Regional Finals
WHO CAN PLAY?
The RBC PGA of Canada Scramble is open to anyone with an official Golf Canada Handicap. For more details on team eligibility click here.
*It is every players responsibility to make themselves aware of all Rules, Policies and Eligibility for the RBC PGA Scramble of Canada. Details are available by clicking here. Note: Special rules apply for teams that have competed at previous National Championship Finals.
HOW TO ENTER
Entries are open for select Local Events Online though the Local Qualifiers section of this website.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
The entry fee for a RBC PGA of Canada Scramble Local Event is $29.95 CAD per participant (plus applicable taxes). This is a Local Entry Fee. Should the club you are participating at decide to charge a green fee, that fee would be additional to the RBC PGA of Canada Scramble Local Entry fee. Green fees will be collected by the golf club on the day of the Local Qualifier. Prizes awarded to top three teams at each Local Event.
- Entry Fee – $396.00 per team (plus applicable taxes)
- Golf, cart and one meal included
- Prizing provided to top three teams at each Regional Final.
- Entry Fee – $395.00 per participant (plus applicable taxes)
- Three (3) rounds of golf
- Hotel for four (4) nights
- Transportation, including flights from major cities to National Championship destination
- Breakfast and lunch for three (3) days
- Awards reception
- Gifting for all competitors
- Prizing provided to top three teams at National Championship
For more information on tournaments, please contact Director of Golf & Head Professional Chad Scott at email@example.com 250.545.7425